VAUXHALL JOINS GROUPE PSA APPRENTICESHIP SCHEME
- Vauxhall is combining its apprenticeship programme with the rest of Groupe PSA to offer industry-leading training to more than 200 new and existing apprentices
- Apprentices will have the chance to work across Groupe PSA vehicles that share the same platform as Vauxhall models to expand and diversify their skills
- There are eight different apprenticeship paths available across the training scheme, from Service Technician to Sales Executive training
- Vauxhall apprenticeship scheme is open to all age groups from school leavers to those with previous work experience
Luton – Vauxhall is combining its apprenticeship scheme with the rest of Groupe PSA’s programmes, helping more than 200 current and future apprentices to gain industry-leading training and education.
Existing and new Vauxhall apprentices will receive industry-leading training from Vauxhall’s new training provider Calex, as part of the Groupe PSA apprenticeship scheme. There are eight different apprenticeship paths available, ranging from Service Technician to Sales Executive apprenticeships, as well as the brand-new Digital Marketer Programme.
- Service Technician (Car & LCV)
- Accident Repair Technician
- Service Customer Advisor
- Business Administrator
- Parts Customer Advisor
- Warehouse & Parts Hub
- Sales Executive
- Digital Marketer
The scheme is open to all age groups, from school leavers to those with previous work experience looking to retrain to work in the automotive industry. As part of Groupe PSA’s training programme, Vauxhall apprentices can learn how to work on other Groupe PSA vehicles, as long as they share a same platform as current Vauxhall models, allowing them to diversify and expand on their skillsets.
While existing apprentices can choose to stay with Vauxhall’s previous training provider, Raytheon, new apprentices will be trained by Calex, which oversees all Groupe PSA training. The apprentices will receive a mix of face-to-face and virtual training as part of the scheme.
David March, Groupe PSA Network Development Director, said: “Joining the Groupe PSA apprenticeship scheme is a great development for the Vauxhall apprenticeship scheme. Not only will new and existing apprentices continue to have access to some of the best training possible, but with the partnership they will be able to expand their toolset and knowledge base to work on vehicles across all Groupe PSA Brands.”
Vauxhall is aiming to grow its apprenticeship programme in the coming years to ensure it continues to attract new talent across the country to its expanding business.